Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Answer

After nine months in college ...
Yesterday was the day we had planned to hear the phone ring from area code 707 with Pre-Match phone calls. Usually the calls are placed in the morning, so I was expecting after a very busy morning at work where time cruised that I would come home to find my voice mail light blinking. But I did not.

Then time then stood still from 12:20 to 2:45.  My Canine Companions family was amazing, I had text messages coming in from all over the country asking "have you heard yet?" because, like me, we all expected a phone call by Noon.

It continued, I had time to leave the house to get my son from school, and still no call. I had even called our Puppy Program Manager at 2:30p but only received a ringing phone into voice mail. I didn't leave a message, but as I was reaching for the phone to call his Assistant, my phone rang at 2:45. I got to see the area code 707 that I had been waiting for (I had always been away when previous pre-match calls about Kolby had come to the house).

After extra hours of waiting for that call, I will admit that I went through the sheer excitement phase to sinking really deep that bad news was coming our way. My heart was pounding when I heard our Puppy Program Manager announce that Kolby had made a pre-match. And it was nice that he knew this had been a long wait with multiple "bad news" calls of no matches on previous calls ... because he was very happy sounding and slowed his words like a drum roll. He made it everything that it needed to be.

So - now we wait until the next call that says Kolby's match is a forever fit. That should come anytime between now and Monday, but I won't be sitting by the phone waiting. Now I can relax and enjoy every moment of this next week. I know the time will fly so fast and I want to be sure to soak in every moment of gathering our Graduate's Gift, packing, and heading out of town.

KOLBY - we are so proud of you. Everyone in your puppy family is beaming and celebrating that you have found your person. We pray you are happy and in love with the excitement of your new adventure. Keep working hard, be yourself, and we will see you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment