Tuesday, May 6, 2014

New Phone, Kolby loves, not so much.

So there is a little trend in these two posts, but this is the end of new-somethings. I have been working with a severely cracked, old phone since the end of last summer, but finally it was my time to upgrade. My husband ordered me a free iPhone 4s from Apple and it was scheduled to arrive the Monday after Easter.

My excitement was long in the making for this new device and all of my close friends and family were surely aware of it too. Hard to miss when you can't do much with a half broken phone; the looks alone was obvious that I was certainly disadvantage in this department of life.

Monday came and I stayed home all day for that package, except for the ten minutes it took for me to run to my girl's school to retrieve her at the end of her day. Of course that was the exact moment the UPS delivery man decided to swing by. Sad that I missed him, but even more disappointed when I found that a signature was required in order to receive my package. The note on the door said that I had three options: wait for another delivery attempt the next day, go down to the UPS hub after 5:30p this same day, or sign the back of the sticker that had been on the door and return to the door for the next delivery.

I was teaching piano lessons in less than an hour, my only option was to try again the following day. So I signed the note and put it on my entry table to affix to the outside of the door in the morning. I did not have any plans for the following day, but I had opted to put it out "just in case".

But the next morning came and I was sitting at this exact spot doing work for my volunteer role for our Chapter of Canine Companions when I heard the ripping of paper wafting from the living room. I quickly got up and turned the corner to find Kolby thoroughly enjoying rough play time with the UPS sticker.

Nooooooooo!!!! Are you kidding me?! That was just plain naughty, Mister. No sugar coating that whatsoever!
I taped it back together, all of it, and put it way up high so it couldn't be bothered by Clifford: aka Kolby. Hours passed and I was making myself lunch when I heard the rumble of a truck turning in my cul de sac. I ran to the living room window to see the tail end of the brown UPS truck passing my house.

I am seeing a trend. Is this a sign that I should not have an iPhone?

I grabbed my flip flops and UPS tag and chased the truck down the street. Luckily it had stopped at my neighbors house about four houses down, but clearly he was not planning to stop at my house. Ignoring the fact that he was grossly mistaken, I sweetly pointed out that I wanted to be sure I didn't miss him today and showed him my tag. He got back into his truck and hunted down my package. Once in my hand, I still opted to forgive him for passing me by, just thankful that I had my phone, and walked back to my house.

And then - it was play time. Of course, Mister Kolby was my first subject. Can you tell that he was thoroughly impressed and approved of my new upgrade?!

New phone, Kolby loves, not so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment