Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Haddie

Haddie is ready.

We received our second invitation to Team Training on Monday.

We are hopeful and ready for her Forever Person to walk on campus on October 26th, fall in love with our girl, choose her, and start working with her forever. We are hopeful that we will get the call on the 28th announcing a Pre-Match, and that by the following Wednesday we will have the official invitation to attend Graduation on November 8th.
Photo Credit: CarisaK Photography
There are so many different feelings surrounding the second invitation to Team Training. At least for me. The first time around I was almost in a panic-type mode with the thinking that this is it, my baby puppy is forever gone. Shamefully, yet admittingly, it was all about me and my feelings.
Photo Credit: CarisaK Photography
This time around, I am ready. I am ready to see Haddie more so than in August, because I have matured in knowing that this is about Haddie and her Forever, not about me and saying my Goodbye. It is about the change that Haddie will make for someone, not about the change she has made in me. It is about being strong, confident, and free to say "Go! You have a job to do, and you will do it well!", rather than second guessing with "Are you sure you just don't want to come home?" 
Photo Credit: CarisaK Photography
During the last few weeks there was a post on Facebook about Canine Companions DogFest, I am assuming relatively close to the Santa Rosa Campus. My amazing friend and fellow Puppy Raiser sent me a photo alerting me to what was just posted. The dog working with the Regional Program Manager, in the wheelchair for training purposes, looked very much like Haddie. After some mad sleuthing skills I knew that it was Haddie.
Photo Credit: CarisaK Photography
Seeing her in Blue makes it so real. She is meant to be a working dog. For those that have never met her, and are just taking my word about all the good on this blog about Miss Haddie, you have to admit ... she looks confident, secure, and highly capable ~ does she not?!

One month.

Haddie.

I love you.

4 comments:

  1. I just love these series of pictures so much. You look at them and just know that is where Haddie belongs. Puppy raising is such a process, isn't it? I said over and over again to people that I was happy for Dante, but you know what? It wasn't true for about a month. It is okay to mourn -- Haddie was a huge part of your life. But you get to the point where that is in the past, and you are truly, 100% happy and excited for them and their potential person. Hoping Haddie finds her forever person this time around! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Haddie, I heard you had great puppy raisers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing the photos! She looks very confident and at home. You did good, Mama. You must be very proud of your girl!

    ReplyDelete