Friday, February 24, 2012

8 MONTHS!!!

Eight Months Old.

As I unloaded the dishes last night I had a flashback to when I started training Haddie on the expectation of her job in unloading and loading the dishwasher. I have this spot in my kitchen that is out of the way in my line of travel to put dishes away, so very early in her arrival I commanded a Down, or a Sit, and worked on her staying while I did my kitchen duty.

In the beginning - she was up and down, and here and there. Dishwasher unloading took three times as long, but of course I did not give up in training.

Last night she just went to her spot, and Down she went. And, she fell asleep. Ha! It didn't take me that long to do my chore, Haddie!  She just knows the expectation and won't move until I give her the Release.
Sept 25, 2011
How far she has come in the six months that we've been a team! She knows most of her commands - I am purposefully saving some (like Speak - my reasoning for another post) - which really makes me take pause at all that we have accomplished together in 5 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days together.
Feb 19, 2012
She is not perfect, and neither am I, but I am very happy with our current state of learning this CCI Training together.

2 comments:

  1. The implied stay is very convenient!! It's amazing how fast the time streaks by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, time does fly so quickly. And it's always amazing to see how quickly they pick up on things - such smart puppies!

    ReplyDelete