Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Today we ventured to the Pumpkin Patch in the cold Fall afternoon. We had plans to take Haddie, but the more we thought through the patch that we always attend, the more we decided that it was too much for a puppy. And it was the correct choice to keep her home. It was packed!!! Way worse than a weekend Costco Adventure. Think Disneyland in peak season. Next year ...
However, if the rain stays away, then I will take her back by myself this week during school hours - when the most that will be there are Stay At Home Mommies, or field trips. A perfect setting with young children. The smell of Fall Food wafting through will certainly be good for her to wiff while she figures out that I am *still* the most important , the petting farm section (where really all the animals are behind chicken wire and there is no option for petting - so the hand sanitize station is just for looks, I guess), and the rows and rows of pumpkins.
But because I was hoping for a pumpkin picture of Haddie, my girl and I shuffled off to the local grocery store before we left. It was perfect!! Haddie looks good next to orange.
When we got back into the car, after going through some of the aisles to pick up breakfast food for morning, and a couple of have-to's to get us by until my regular shopping trip, I told my girl that we will need to continue our Sunday Outings together. She is a huge help!! She handles Haddie, I get some things accomplished, and Haddie learns.

Team Haddie is working well!

No comments:

Post a Comment